Are you meticulous, organized, and passionate about bookkeeping? The Public is looking for a bookkeeper to keep us on track!
The Public is an activist communications studio specializing in changing the world. We help organizations create social justice and public education campaigns that are appropriate to the communities they work within and that inspire meaningful change.
- Manage all bookeeping operations
- Keep all financial systems up-to-date
- Prepare, manage and execute monthly financial tasks outside of the office (eg. bank deposits)
- Create and track invoices
- Track payables and receivables
- Prepare and report monthly financial projections
- Oversee money-flow in a dedicated and efficient manner
Studio Level Responsibilities
- Manage mailing lists and CRM software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency’s monthly deductions
- Eye for detail
- Strong teamwork, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Anti-oppression analysis
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of database management systerms
- Bookkeeping experience, and desire to learn more about finances and bookkeeping within the design industry
- Demonstrated experience managing numbers and budgets in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated experience working diligently on your own
- Demonstrated experience managing databases
- Ability to read and/or speak second language
- Proficiency in InDesign and other Adobe software
- Knowledge in database systems Studiometry and FileMaker’s Bento
- Knowledge of MoneyWorks
Job type: Part-time contract, March-August, 2013 with possibility of renewal
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Bookkeeping, Database
Industry: Advertising & Design
Compensation: $100/wk based on 5h/wk (paid training)
The Public is committed to anti-oppressive values, and preference will be given to applicants who self identify as experiencing oppression in terms of race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ability.
Please send questions, CVs and cover letters to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is noon on February 27, 2013. Interviews will take place on March 1st, and we are looking for someone to start on March 4th.